Computer Engineer Barbie: Dual Monitors, Linux

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
"flooded with votes from women in the tech industry, and of course, pretty much every female software engineer on the planet."

(holding my sides) LOL! (female software engineers) what all three of them???? How many times were you allowed to vote?

G

I’m absolutely fascinated by the comments... lots of trash talk from people about women in IT, particularly their looks and their scarcity. Hmmm... I wonder if there might be a correlation between Neanderthal mindsets like some on display here and a lack of enthusiasm for joining your ranks among the best and brightest of the tech-savvy females in the world? Oh, and by the way, have any of you code-monkeys looked in the mirror lately? Pot, meet Kettle. Until you’re judged by the same standards you’ve set for the women in your field, please, shut your pie holes.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]I’m absolutely fascinated by the comments... lots of trash talk from people about women in IT, particularly their looks and their scarcity. Hmmm... I wonder if there might be a correlation between Neanderthal mindsets like some on display here and a lack of enthusiasm for joining your ranks among the best and brightest of the tech-savvy females in the world? Oh, and by the way, have any of you code-monkeys looked in the mirror lately? Pot, meet Kettle. Until you’re judged by the same standards you’ve set for the women in your field, please, shut your pie holes.[/citation]

haha...relax...couple of folks here just forgot that female software designer and engineer Radia Joy Perlman created the STP - Spanning Tree Protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.