Tony Elias

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
I am using toshiba satellite running Windows 8.1 OS. A day or two ago I was playing Minecraft and the laptop started to have "odd" moments where it would freeze, and when the computer kept going, the server understood what my actions where. But it jumped from for example mid air to directly on the ground, or stuff like that where I Tod the computer to do something with my Minecraft character but then it would freeze every so often, and randomly decide to keep going, skipping the time of moving from point a to b and directly being at location b.

This hasn't only happened with Minecraft. Other software do this too. Citied: skyline, chrome (YouTube, amazon, google) so it's not application - specific.

Today I tried to log in to the computer (yeap freezes still happening) and it did everything like normal, including freezing. And then I shut it off to go do something. I came back tonight and turned it on. It spent s good deal on the Toshiba logo then pushed me on to the log-in. I logged in (lagged on the log in, like I would type my password, but it wouldn't shoe it after a bit the characters would finally appear) and once I logged in the desktop wouldn't load. It took it a couple of minuted and when it did, it gave me a explorer.exe error saying that it was an unkown hardware error.

Right now as I try to get on my computer, the system isn't letting me. It went past the Toshiba log in (after a while) and its just a black screen now.

I have tried doing an automatic repair (said it couldn't do anything). I tried doing a system restore but it said it couldn't find any restore points..I tried doing aeverything that wouldn't reset my hard drive as I have some files somewhat important. I would like to get them, but no one will die if I don't. Please help!

Tony Elias

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Okay I want to add - I have an extra empty hard drive. Same rpm and storage cap, but it is literally empty. I tried using the recovery drive and use my extra hard drive (its an internal laptop 2.5" drive in an enclosure so I can use it externally via USB) and I wanted to know. How could I switch the hard drive in the computer to the new one? Physically I can do it. I tried it bit I dontbhave anything, let alone the OS on the empty HDD
Please help