Computer keeps loading and loading but NOTHING

karinbtrfever

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Hi there, I was updating some system or something for my computer (windows), and then it got stuck at 82% so i had to force shut it. But now when i try to turn it back on, it just loads and loads but i never get the startup screen to log in. Can someone please help me??? Thanks

Solution
You restaritng pc must have damaged ongoing windows update installation. If you encounter it again just suffer through a lot of waiting, trust me I once started update process before going to bed and in the morning it was still rolling until finally ended in the afternoon.
Now about the fix first thing you should try is getting to windows recovery options (windows 7) or advanced startup repair (windows 8&10) by pressing one of the F keys (F4,F8,F11 etc.) while booting the system, which one depends on your system so try it out. The you'll have to choose system repair or startup repair, note that even when sometimes its says it didn't do anything or failed the repair it might have actually kicked in.
If that won't do the trick second...

piechockidocent9

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
You restaritng pc must have damaged ongoing windows update installation. If you encounter it again just suffer through a lot of waiting, trust me I once started update process before going to bed and in the morning it was still rolling until finally ended in the afternoon.
Now about the fix first thing you should try is getting to windows recovery options (windows 7) or advanced startup repair (windows 8&10) by pressing one of the F keys (F4,F8,F11 etc.) while booting the system, which one depends on your system so try it out. The you'll have to choose system repair or startup repair, note that even when sometimes its says it didn't do anything or failed the repair it might have actually kicked in.
If that won't do the trick second thing is using your windows installation disk/usb to boot it's own repair process which is somewhat better then the built-in one. Other than that only using windows recovery or advanced repair again this time to back up into a state from before the update comes into mind but if you have no backup copies it won't obviously work.

Solution

karinbtrfever

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

Hi there! Yeah I know I shouldn't have but it was at 2am and I couldn't wait any longer. Hm, I've tried the F8 one but it doesn't seem to work. Will try with the rest right now. Thank you for your speedy response btw! :)