Computer not picking up microphone

Ariewok

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Hi,
I got a new microphone for my computer a while ago. I never really use it, but when I did use it, every thing was fine. Now, when replugging it in, I'm finding that my computer isn't recognizing this microphone, and just the built in one.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Thanks

Sorry there's not a lot of information here. If you need more, just let me know. Kinda lazy right now ;P

Solution

Really weird, only thing I can think is reinstall your audio drivers to see if that works. Other wise maybe your mic port is faulty? to bad you cant try another mic on that port. Hopefully someone else has some answers, I don't know what else you could do.

Ariewok

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Works fine on other computers. My computer only has one port for both mic and headphones, so that might be part of the issue.

Also worth noting that it's just a $5 mic off Amazon. I don't expect much from it, but it would be nice if I could get it working.

nenito_chc

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

Really weird, only thing I can think is reinstall your audio drivers to see if that works. Other wise maybe your mic port is faulty? to bad you cant try another mic on that port. Hopefully someone else has some answers, I don't know what else you could do.

Solution

Ariewok

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

Ok, thanks. Reinstalling my audio drivers right now, will get back to you when I'm done.

Thanks!

Ariewok

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Hi again,
I just updated my audio drivers and apparently it works... weird. I updated my drivers like 10 min before making this thread and nothing happened.

Well, at least its working. Thanks!

nenito_chc

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

sweet, glad it worked out!