Computer Science(Education)/Gaming Laptop

jcvkx

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello one and all,

I'm looking for some help with finding/researching up a laptop that will be usable and highly effective with my everyday life. I am currently enrolled into my university's Computer Science program for the upcoming Fall 2014 term. My current constraints for the upcoming term are:

1) I'll have to be on campus for roughly 12 hours a day( weekdays ) due to my classes being so spread out on my schedule. Roughly at least from 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM, if not later.
2) Currently enrolled into 3 different Comp. Sci. courses and a Programming course. ( All from what I have heard involve programming of some sort, if not more. )
3) Will have to carry roughly at least a backpack's worth of books and/or notebooks since going back and forth from campus to home is not an efficient way to spend my time. ( Roughly 20 minutes off campus ) Light or manageable in a backpack is preferred.
4) Looking to game a bit while I have some time between classes or just as a break to ease the studies. ( Games of interest stem from LOL, Dota2, Civ5, WOW, and a couple other games off of steam mainly )
5) Currently not looking into any particular brand or type of laptop ( Trying not to be bias with the purchase. Looking for the best bang for the buck. )

I thank you for taking the time to read over this thread that I created and I appreciate everyone's input on this topic. If may need more information prior to providing a reply, simply ask. Thank you, one and all.

jcvkx

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014

I was looking for anything up to a $1700 or so. I've been looking towards a MacBook Pro if nothing else, but was unsure.

Please advise.

jcvkx

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014

That New Razer Blade laptop is pretty far out there, price wise. It looks like one hack of a machine, I would if I could.

Thanks for your input!

jcvkx

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014

Thanks for the input, I'll take a look at the laptop and see what reviews are out there regarding it.