Computer shutting off with no warning

KarasuTM

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
I have a windows 7 asus G75V gaming notebook I bought around January. One day about a month after I bought it, it shut off with no warning and didn't come back on, the screen wasn't illuminating, but the lights and keyboard lights would come on. I then turned it on and left it on while I had to go do errands and when I came back it still wasnt on... so I force shut it down and tried to turn it on again, and it came on immediately.

Ever since then it shuts off about 1 minute after I turn it on after its been off for a while (3+ hours) and then proceeds to shut off during random times (and in the middle of gaming) throughout the day with no warning, BSOD, and turns on immediately after I press the power button bringing me to the launch options(launch normally, safemode, safemode w/ networking). I've had the dust blown out, I've reconnected the hdd. It doesn't get very hot, it gets warm of course but nothing raging.

Panays

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
sometimes an overheating Cpu can damage the motherboard especially if its a laptop and that will make your system shut down with not very high temps..Since you tryed cleaning dust i would recommend to try formating and reinstalling OS and if it doesn't work send it back to where you bought it or to ASUS to check it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
peter234 Laptop General Discussion 1
I Laptop General Discussion 0
C Laptop General Discussion 2
H Laptop General Discussion 1
manasan3010 Laptop General Discussion 5
K Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 1
F Laptop General Discussion 2
M Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 3