Computer Speakers under 200$

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirall

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
Hello tech buddies!

Currently I have some logitech speakers, which worked great, but are now making static noises. I can't really expect much from these now since they are like 5 years old or so. I have decided to buy new speakers. I would like tp have speakers that could be connected to a bass subwoofer. The logitech subwoofer works tremendous, would it be possible to connect it with a new set of speakers (sorry if this is obvious to you, I have no exerience in speakers).

I am not much of an audiophile, although I have the m50x's headphones. What I am first and foremost looking for are speakers with nice design. I really like black paired with a wood color. Currently I have ordered a new desk (ragnars r5 sit stand) and I have ordered a slickwraps bamboo skin for my phone and other stuff in bamboo. I think it is safe to say I really like bamboo wood. I would like some speakers with a nice design, prefferably with a bamboo base like the Polk Audio Hampden AM6510-A. I have also seen the Sengu SG-S132 Bamboo Speakers, but these are rarher (cheap) and I think there are better options, plus I want to use my old subwoofer, not a built in one.

I really like the polka ones, and it has a 4 dtar ratibg on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Hampden-Bluetooth-Streaming/dp/B00II5T5HS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1476768602&sr=8-1&keywords=Polk+Audio+Hampden+AM6510-A&linkCode=sl1&tag=all0369-20&linkId=ab4b9167d1fc08dda3342a71ebf22362). Although I have seen some buter bewares on peoplw saying it isn't worth it (https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/polk-audio-am6510-a-hampden-buyer-beware-stay-away-from-these-speakers-c740147.html)

I know that Bose is a really trusted company, and I have seen the bose companion 2 abd 5. I have also considered the Harman Kardon Soundsticks. I wonder if Bose might have some bamboo or wood designs, or if it is easy to make my own slickwrap or dbrabd ski, as my mother works at a printing company, so maybe they could make some high quality stickers?

So to conclude what I am asking for: I am looking for good sounding speakers, although the design is the preference, where some wood style, prefferably bamboo would fit perfectly with my setup. Thanks buddies!

Solution
no mine are wired they didnt have the wireless version in the store

and wireless wasnt something i needed any way

yes like a window is a good way of putting it--not as clear as a window because of the curves on them but yes you see the colour of what ever is behind them

and dont let the small size fool you they pack a fair wallop

the bass on the subwoofer is adjustable which i like as dont mind bass but not totally thumping

i honestly hear things now in music etc i didnt when i used headphones which were decent enough headphones corsair for gaming and sennheiser for music

yes they werent the cheapest i could have got but i feel satisfied with what i paid because of the sound quality,and the looks/design and the small size of the...
heres a more generic photo of the whole setup in someone elses house (google img)

IMG_20131103_151334.jpg

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
thanks thats probably better than my attempt at photos

though their wiring tidying skills suck lol

but that image compared to my closer image might help show what i was trying to get across

edited--and i put the sub woofer on a shelf under my desk not on top

in that image they look very clear

but in mine you can see they appear to take the colour of the wall behind them helping them to blend in a bit

if that makes any sense at all

Thirall

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
Ah yes I see. So it basicly acts like a window and by the pictures I see that they don't grav the attention, but you can certainoy notice their design. I like them. Do you have the wireless version? I am pretty sure this is totally unnecesary for me although it would be nice to connect with my phone via bluetooth

Thirall

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
Okey never mind my wire/wireless question. Of some reason innmy country te wireless was 9 NOK (bout 1 dollar) cheaper than the wired and there are no discounts. I am assuming the wireless includes a direct cable but has compatibility with bluetooth as well? If so, I might buy these speakers today!

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
no mine are wired they didnt have the wireless version in the store

and wireless wasnt something i needed any way

yes like a window is a good way of putting it--not as clear as a window because of the curves on them but yes you see the colour of what ever is behind them

and dont let the small size fool you they pack a fair wallop

the bass on the subwoofer is adjustable which i like as dont mind bass but not totally thumping

i honestly hear things now in music etc i didnt when i used headphones which were decent enough headphones corsair for gaming and sennheiser for music

yes they werent the cheapest i could have got but i feel satisfied with what i paid because of the sound quality,and the looks/design and the small size of the

satellite speakers

one day when i am bored i will eventually get around to adding some leds to them as think it would give a great effect

Solution

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I have the R6. I got them on sale at Newegg for like $40. The Bose earbuds I had I paid almost $100 for. Not worth it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.