Computer wont turn on after replacing ram

Carl_1064

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
I just replaced my 8gb ram on my Asus X553S. This specific laptop had the keyboard to be removed, along with other components such as the battery, the hard drive, the dvd player, and also unscrew the motherboard and flip it over to replace the ram. When I was done, I tried to turn on the laptop but would not turn on. As in, it will not start up, the power light on the left hand corner of the laptop will not light up, as well as the charging light will not light up, even with the charger plugged in. I cannot do anything in the actual laptop as it will not turn on, I tried holding the power button down, pressed it, but nothing. I checked the inside of the laptop again and the battery is plugged in, everything is good. It might be the motherboard but I may be wrong. Anyone know how to fix it?

Solution
re you sure the RAM sticks are locked in fully? You have all the power connections attached accordingly? Take the two new ones out and re-install the old ones and see if the issue persists. If it does, the issue is the new RAM.

Zemrak

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
re you sure the RAM sticks are locked in fully? You have all the power connections attached accordingly? Take the two new ones out and re-install the old ones and see if the issue persists. If it does, the issue is the new RAM.

Solution