Question Confused how to connect laptop to projector and then to the surround system .

Jul 26, 2024
Hey- I am confused how to connect my laptop to my projector (Wzacto NEO ) (2 hdmi port)(1-arc 2- hdmi in) which says has ARC port and connecting it to home theatre I have Sony DAV-DZ350 which only has an hdmi ARC OUT so that I could get 5.1 Dolby digital plus

I tried connecting everything (laptop. To hdmi in in projector and arc from projector to hdmi ARC OUT in sound system)but the sound was playing in the speakers of the projector
ANY IDEA WHAT TO DO?

If it doesn't have that option, then you're going to need to run audio via another cable; either from the laptop audio out or the projector audio out to the Sony. Not sure you'll get 5.1 audio, but seemingly that's the only way for you.

-Wolf sends

Jul 26, 2024
If it doesn't have that option, then you're going to need to run audio via another cable; either from the laptop audio out or the projector audio out to the Sony. Not sure you'll get 5.1 audio, but seemingly that's the only way for you.

-Wolf sends
Well,but how?

Jul 26, 2024
Lap has hdmi out.and earphone Jack
Projector claims to have an arc out
Sony has an optical in

Lap has hdmi out.and earphone Jack
Projector claims to have an arc out
Sony has an optical in
Look for a 3.5mm Stereo to L/R Audio cable. Use this to connect your laptop (earphone jack) to the Sony (Left/Right Audio In).
Since the projector does not have a HDMI Audio option, this doesn't appear to work.
Since neither your laptop nor projector have optical out, the Sony's optical in is of no use.

But I was considering to connect Everything via hdmi
And when you did that, the audio still came out of the projector. That's why I suggested changing the projector audio to HDMI, but you said it didn't have that option.
On the off hand, what options DID it have? If there is something that says, "Digital" or "ARC Return" that's what you want to use when using HDMI.

Btw will a switcher work?
Not sure I follow you here. What would you be switching between?

-Wolf sends

Scratch all that...
Just searched for the manual for your projector and found this.
Wzatco Neo - HDMI ARC Update

First thing I would try is to see if HDMI ARC is even enabled:
go to settings - Projector settings - Scroll down to HDMI ARC / CEC option
If it isn't enabled, click on it to enable it. Then reconnect via HDMI and retest the audio. If it still doesn't work, then you may want to consider trying the update. However neither Tom's Guide nor I can vouch for the validity of this update. Do so at your own risk.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: SK2005