Solved! Connect built in ceiling speaker to a receiver

Oct 13, 2018
I have built in speakers in the patio ceiling and living room ceilings on separate controls. Coming from the wall are 2 cords each with red,black, yellow and blue wires.How do I connect to a receiver?

There is no standard but
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-custom/thread.cgi?30750,2
I use this color code
Red - right +
Green - right -
White - left +
Black - left -
You can test this with a AAA battery. Connect the negative to one wire and tap another wire to the positive terminal. That will cause the woofer to move if both wires are for the same speaker. When the woofer moves out then the polarity of the battery matches the plus and minus terminals of the speaker.

There is no standard but
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-custom/thread.cgi?30750,2
I use this color code
Red - right +
Green - right -
White - left +
Black - left -
You can test this with a AAA battery. Connect the negative to one wire and tap another wire to the positive terminal. That will cause the woofer to move if both wires are for the same speaker. When the woofer moves out then the polarity of the battery matches the plus and minus terminals of the speaker.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Audio 0
O Audio 2
C Audio 3
T Audio 1
VanAkard Audio 5
M Audio 1
Neil Stevens Audio 0
S Audio 2
S860 Audio 1
Luckky99 Audio 6
choeandrew1208 Audio 0
H Audio 0
D Audio 0
Joevillabz Audio 3
S Audio 5
M Audio 3
F Audio 4
M Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Toshiba Tv connects well with chrome cast but audio does not come from sound bar
Question Laptop PC that's connected to DAC connection to Sony AV Receiver (of 2012) for music listening
Question Connect a Vizio v51-h6 soundbar to a 2009 Panasonic TV
Question We have an old 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Player with speaker wire connections which has died.
Question Subwoofer Connecting Issue
Question can i connect my home speaker system to pc?
Question Connecting TV and DVD audio to AV receiver
Question Can you help me connect speaker to projector
Question How to connect turntable to powered speakers
Question How to connect two 2.1 speaker system.
Question How to connect active speakers (KEF X300a) to an active subwoofer (Dayton 1000)?
Question Speakers & LG TV Connection
Question Help needed pls - connecting Sony Soundbar to Hisense TV
Solved! How to connect digital bass processor hifonics? I have pioneer avh head unit with built in crossover. Higonics manual says digital bass processor must
Question Need Help w/ Built In Home Speakers (connecting in new home)
Solved! Yamaha RX-V467 digital receiver to connect sound from Toshiba TV that uses WLAN for built in VUDU app?
How to connect built-in speakers from dual monitors via DVI and VGA?
Bought samsung wireless soundbar trying to connect to toshiba tv built in 2009 was told to buy 2.5mm adapter as 3.5 pin to big
Will a x rocker chair connect via bluetooth if I have bluetooth built in my tv?
I have a sony LED with USB ports but no in-built bluetooth. Is it possible to connect wireless headphones with my LED vid blue

ASK THE COMMUNITY