Connect directv to older Panasonic DVD Recorder

slimgm

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
How do I connect an older Panasonic DVD recorder with no HDMI input. I bought a HDMI to RCA converter, but the quality of the picture was terrible. Is there a HDMI to RG-6 coax converter?

hang-the-9

Titan

If you want good quality, you need a recorder with HD inputs, like component or a newer recorder to a hard disk that would have HDMI inputs.

If you are recording HD content, you are going form 1080 to some adapter then to a composite connection that gives you a 480 picture. Not very surprising you don't like what it looks like. Take a picture and cut out every third line and see what it looks like.

There are a few recorders that can actually do both DVD and hard drive recording, for a price though since they are no longer made https://www.amazon.com/Magnavox-MDR865H-Recorder-Digital-Tuner/dp/B015FOZCUS or just go all digital to a hard disk or flash drive based recorder.

hang-the-9

Titan

If you want good quality, you need a recorder with HD inputs, like component or a newer recorder to a hard disk that would have HDMI inputs.

If you are recording HD content, you are going form 1080 to some adapter then to a composite connection that gives you a 480 picture. Not very surprising you don't like what it looks like. Take a picture and cut out every third line and see what it looks like.

There are a few recorders that can actually do both DVD and hard drive recording, for a price though since they are no longer made https://www.amazon.com/Magnavox-MDR865H-Recorder-Digital-Tuner/dp/B015FOZCUS or just go all digital to a hard disk or flash drive based recorder.

slimgm

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anti-Gravity Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
nik0sl Streaming Video & TVs 3
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 7
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1