Connect home theatre system to A TV without HDMI ARC or optical

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahalmohd

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I have Sony 5.1 Home theatre system (HT-RT3) and Samsung LED TV (UA43K5100). My TV doesn't have HDMI ARC or optical output. How do i connect the home theatre to the TV? Is buying an AV receiver necessary?

TV has a mini jack for audio output.
HTS has an mini jack audio input.
A match made in heaven.
You need a cable with 3.5mm stereo plugs at both ends.
Select a surround sound mode that works with a stereo input.
Check the TV manual on how to use the audio output just in case it needs to be turned on.

You sure that the TV has not got an optical output? The next size up does, but i cannot find anything about yours having an optical output (which is odd for a fairly recent model!) If you are 100% sure, then the only way from what you have to hand, is using the analogue audio output (small 3.5mm jack on rear) If it has one. I have found some specs that state that it has. You could use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack lead form the TV to the amplifier on your sony HT-RT3.

Hope this helps.
K.

sahalmohd

Prominent
May 9, 2017

No it doesn't have optical output. 3.5mm would be stereo right? And my DTH Box has an optical output, will that work for at least watching the TV in 5.1?

Ok, yes that will be stereo. If your DTH box is connected to your TV via HDMI, then the sound from that will be outputted through the 3.5mm jack too. Again, its very odd for a fairly modern TV not to have an optical out, but hey ho.

Good luck!
K.

Aug 24, 2017

TV has a mini jack for audio output.
HTS has an mini jack audio input.
A match made in heaven.
You need a cable with 3.5mm stereo plugs at both ends.
Select a surround sound mode that works with a stereo input.
Check the TV manual on how to use the audio output just in case it needs to be turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 3
V Audio 1
B Audio 1
A Audio 3
U Audio 4
A Audio 1
R Audio 3
R Audio 1
E Audio 1