connect iphone to surround sound?

Solution
Than that's the problem. lol. Find a remote on ebay or buy a universal remote that supports it and has a button for it. will solve all your problems.

The whole point of pro-logic is to take a stereo signal and convert it into a surround signal, isolating the bass for the sub, vocals for center, and spatial sounds for the surround speakers all in a fancy algorithm.

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Not going to work. That's a manual selector, not a splitter - you'll only get one output at a time.

You could do some crazy daisy chain 3.5mm to Y male RCA, with a female RCA to Y male RCA on each split to get stereo to front and rear channels. Don't see a good way to get the center and sub.

Many receivers will just take plain old stereo and create a faux surround so you have sound from all speakers.

Wow-wow-wow-wow-wow.

1. First make sure those 5 thingy are REALLY INPUTS and not OUTPUT. Discrete surround inputs are rare.

2. iPhone pretty much output STEREO. The way you "fake" stereo to surround is, you just hookup your iPhone to your receiver AUX/LineIn stereo input and select the codec (mode) to play that stereo source into all speakers. Different vendors give it different names like Pro-Logic, All-Stereo, etc.

3. If you are tying to play true multi-channel surround from iPhone am not sure that's possible, certainly can't do it natively (not from what Apple gave you from factory) and you may have to use special apps and special player AND a digital dock, because TRUE surround REQUIRES a digital interface and the iPhone AUX is analog.

thewex

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

I'm not going for true surround, only trying to access the speakers with my phone. If it keeps the left and right splitting I'd be happy. Thanks!

thewex

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
turns out this is more complex than just using multiple splitters. The speaker is a VM Audio EXMS581W 1000W 5.1 Home Multi Media Surround. I tried the splitter and no bass came through the subwoofer. I think I may be screwed. What can I do about this?

thewex

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017

That button is on a remote that I sadly do not have :p

Than that's the problem. lol. Find a remote on ebay or buy a universal remote that supports it and has a button for it. will solve all your problems.

The whole point of pro-logic is to take a stereo signal and convert it into a surround signal, isolating the bass for the sub, vocals for center, and spatial sounds for the surround speakers all in a fancy algorithm.

Solution

thewex

Prominent
Apr 15, 2017
welp, there's no remotes on ebay or amazon that I could find. I scoured the VM retail site and there's nothing there. Even the unit itself is not available for sale. I'm contacting the original seller to see if he may have mislaid it but haven't heard back yet :p until then I guess the splitters will have to do