connect lg tv with optical audio to pioneer receiver without optical audio input

mlhaley2

Prominent
Mar 7, 2018
I have an LG LED LCD TV and I'm trying to connect it to an older Pioneer VSX-536S. My tv has an optical audio output but the amplifier does not. How do I connect them so that I can hear my tv through my home theatre speakers?

mlhaley2

Prominent
Mar 7, 2018
Thank you so much. I’ve had a look at the link. So the red and white terminals would plug in where on my amp? There is nothing on it that actually says audio in, but there is video in for DVD/TV with an in L and R port below that. Would that be it? Thanks again!

mlhaley2

Prominent
Mar 7, 2018
I wish I could insert a photo of the diagram or find a link to this amp to show you. Anyway, I have ordered on of the optical to analogue converters and will test it out with trial and error! Thank you so much once again for your help.

I found a picture of a rear panel for a VSX-523. In this picture there is a DVD IN with yellow, red and white RCA jacks. You would hook up the red and white from the hdmi audio extractor to the red and white DVD IN and select DVD on your receiver.

So in your second post where you say "but there is video in for DVD/TV with an in L and R port below that. Would that be it? ". That sounds like IT. Make sure you select DVD/TV as the input for your receiver.

mlhaley2

Prominent
Mar 7, 2018
Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to look further for the diagram. I will let you know how I go when I receive the adapter. Thank you again for all your help!