connect my laptop to DVD player to watch movies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margaretbenjamin

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
my laptop wont download an app from windows tried everything.how can i connect my laptop to DVD player so i can watch the movies on my laptop. thank you

Solution

Even if it had an HDMI (out) port on the TV style (or even handheld) DVD player, there would be no compatible HDMI (in) port on the VAST majority of laptops. As suggested earlier, there are easier, workable solutions to play DVDs with your laptop. Good luck.
Very few laptops have a video input port, in fact I don't know of any that have. The graphics ports on a laptop (eg VGA, HDMI or DVI) are for output only.

So even if your DVD player did have HDMI-out, you still can't play it through your laptop.

Doesn't your laptop have a built-in DVD drive?

If it doesn't, you can buy an external one that plugs in to a USB port.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Even if it had an HDMI (out) port on the TV style (or even handheld) DVD player, there would be no compatible HDMI (in) port on the VAST majority of laptops. As suggested earlier, there are easier, workable solutions to play DVDs with your laptop. Good luck.

Solution

Margaretbenjamin

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017

Margaretbenjamin

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
hi after much thought iv decided to order a small device from Ebay usb 2.0 External cd dvd dvd RW drive writer. ect. should arrive tomorrow. il keep you posted . Shalom. m.benjamin.

Status
Not open for further replies.