Connect older JVC receiver to newer LG HD TV

bwakula

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
How do I connect my older JVC RX618V receiver to my newer LG 47LE5400 LED TV? I tried Red/White audio cables from TV Sound connection on Receiver to AV In 1 on TV and nothing. Please help!

Solution
The only audio outs on your TV are optical audio and headphone out. You must have tried using TV RCA audio inputs which would not work.
The receiver has optical input so use that one as your first choice. You will get digital surround sound that way. You may have to turn this on in the TV menu, turn the TV speakers off, and set the audio mode to output in surround sound.
If you use the headphone out (which is analog stereo) the TV volume will affect the volume coming from the receiver and you will only be able to get analog surround sound.
First, double check that you have correctly selected and saved the correct port (AVIn 1) via the TV's menu settings.

And it also may be that you are mixing up the Component and Composite connections.

Confirm the menu selection on the TV and verify the audio connection ports between used between the TV and Receiver.

Provided I have correctly identified the Receiver Manual the connections are likely to be something like this:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/83899/Jvc-Rx-6018vbk.html?page=9#manual

The only audio outs on your TV are optical audio and headphone out. You must have tried using TV RCA audio inputs which would not work.
The receiver has optical input so use that one as your first choice. You will get digital surround sound that way. You may have to turn this on in the TV menu, turn the TV speakers off, and set the audio mode to output in surround sound.
If you use the headphone out (which is analog stereo) the TV volume will affect the volume coming from the receiver and you will only be able to get analog surround sound.

Solution