Connect Samsung 4K smart tv to wifi

mitzi71970

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
I purchased a Samsung 4K smart tv and cannot connect to my wifi. I have comcast blast which works great on all the other devices in my home, however when I try to connect into my smart hub it finds my wifi network but states that failed to connect.

Solution
CC remote service techs get this one every day. Samsung and Visio either work or they don't. 7 times out of 10 when a customer calls about connectivity issues with a Samsung device, they will get an hour of trouble shooting and a referral to OEM. My advice, move TV close to Modem, hardwire into it long enough to update the software and it should connect. Samsung has a default answer to contact your ISP on all issues related to connectivity and they do little to describe the need to update their software as the first step in troubleshooting a WIFI connectivity issue.

warfinge

Estimable
May 15, 2015
CC remote service techs get this one every day. Samsung and Visio either work or they don't. 7 times out of 10 when a customer calls about connectivity issues with a Samsung device, they will get an hour of trouble shooting and a referral to OEM. My advice, move TV close to Modem, hardwire into it long enough to update the software and it should connect. Samsung has a default answer to contact your ISP on all issues related to connectivity and they do little to describe the need to update their software as the first step in troubleshooting a WIFI connectivity issue.

Solution