Connect speakers to monitor

Aug 25, 2018
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 220WM which has built in speakers but they don't work very well. I would like to use external speakers with devices I have connected to my monitor. I use both my Nintendo Switch and my computer to the same monitor. I have speakers connected to my computer so that sound works, but not the Switch's because there's no speaker connected. I don't mind having to buy a new pair of speakers if that is what it takes.

Solution
You have 3 options:

1)Buy a new set of speakers that supports dual audio input.

2)Use the same set of speakers that you PC has. You just have to plug the audio output from the Nintendo Switch to the audio input of your PC system. That should be on your motherboard (if you don't have a dedicated add-on sound card), or the sound-card you may be using. Just make sure that you enable the audio input in the sound mixer. However in order for this to work, your PC must be operating while you are using your console.

3)Finally you have the option of using the same set of speakers with both of them, but you have to plug, unplug the audio cable every time you want to use a different system.

As you can see the 3rd option is a little...

panathas

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
You have 3 options:

1)Buy a new set of speakers that supports dual audio input.

2)Use the same set of speakers that you PC has. You just have to plug the audio output from the Nintendo Switch to the audio input of your PC system. That should be on your motherboard (if you don't have a dedicated add-on sound card), or the sound-card you may be using. Just make sure that you enable the audio input in the sound mixer. However in order for this to work, your PC must be operating while you are using your console.

3)Finally you have the option of using the same set of speakers with both of them, but you have to plug, unplug the audio cable every time you want to use a different system.

As you can see the 3rd option is a little inconvenient and you are risking damaging the audio cable in the long run. However it's also the cheapest option and you don't have to run your PC every time you want to use your console. So you have to decide what works best for you. Good luck.

Solution

al92

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
If the monitor has in-built speakers, does it also have an audio output socket somewhere on it? If so, the easiest thing would be to connect the TV's audio output to the speakers. That way, whatever you're using it for, the sound always comes out of the speakers. I'm not familiar with this model though.