Connect TV Decoder to Projector Dell 1800MP

paulomatosao

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Hi gents,
I need to connect my TV Decoder, with HDMI output, to my Projector Dell 1800MP with VGA Input. I did buy some cable adapter, with 5V power. I connect the cable, but when he try to find the input, comes a flash image and then comes the screen of the projector with the information saying that it's "OUT OF RANGE". I did try with another projector, an old EPSOM X3 and work fine.
Can anyone give some tip to solve this issue? I was wondering if i need to decrease the resolution of the TV Decoder to 720, as this Projector don't read 1080p...
Cheers,
PM

Solution
You do need to set the output of the TV decoder to the native resolution of the Dell (1024x768) or 720p if that's not an option. Both projectors have the same resolution but the Epson will accept a higher resolution than the Dell. Neither is HD since they both have 4:3 panels so when you view a 16:9 format video you will only get a 576 which is better than SD. On a widescreen movie it would be less.
You do need to set the output of the TV decoder to the native resolution of the Dell (1024x768) or 720p if that's not an option. Both projectors have the same resolution but the Epson will accept a higher resolution than the Dell. Neither is HD since they both have 4:3 panels so when you view a 16:9 format video you will only get a 576 which is better than SD. On a widescreen movie it would be less.

Solution