Connected to internet but no access to internet

Dec 11, 2018
I am connected to the internet through my laptop, home network.but I cannot access the internet through any browser (tried IE, Mozilla, and chrome) Skype doesn't work. But I know it's not my router cause my phone and Xbox access my home network and work fine. I have tried tethering my phone the laptop and nothing works.

Solution
ok, open command prompt and use the following commands

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

check your internet again. if still not working, in a new command prompt as admin,

netsh winsock reset

then restart your computer. let me know if that works.

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
that can easily be a router issue, but might be your computer since you tried the tethering. first lets restart things. shut your computer completely off. pull the power plug on your router, wait for the lights to turn off and plug it back in. then boot the computer and connect to your wifi. let me know if it works, if not we'll move on to something else.

Dec 11, 2018
N3rdR4ge, I have tried that, as I said in the above post, only my laptop is having this issue, I'm on my phone replying to you on my home network right now without issue, but the laptop will not access the internet even though it says it's connected

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
ok, open command prompt and use the following commands

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

check your internet again. if still not working, in a new command prompt as admin,

netsh winsock reset

then restart your computer. let me know if that works.

Solution