Connecting a HDTV to a computer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006

So what type of PC monitor are you using - LCD or CRT? How is it connected to your video card output - RGB or another DVI connection, on the same vid card or the other? What OS? Are you using the latest version of nVidia's display control panel to set up your display? Anyway, it sounds like your display is not detecting you're using both the HDTV and PC monitor simultaneously. I'd try using the "set up using multiple displays" wizard in the control panel first, assuming both the monitor and TV are detected properly and the resolution and refresh rates correctly set for both.

headroaster

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010

it sounds like maybe you need to search the video card's settings and switch the output from component Y/Pb/Pr to R/G/B. Did you try that?

shaneaderson

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
There are methods to connect a PC to a HDTV. These include S Video, component video, and a DVI HDMI converter.It should be acclaimed that DVI cannot backpack audio amid two sources so you will need to find another way to get your audio output if using one.

wookstaz

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
I connected sony hx729(max refresh rate 240hz) to computer and it says my tv's max. refresh rate can only be 60 hz.

Is there anyway that i can get 240refresh rate?

rockakak

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014

your GPU should support higher refresh rate