Connecting gtkxb7 sony speaker to Yamaha receiver

vtrust

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
I am trying to hookup sony gtkxb7 Bluetooth speakers with Yamaha RX-v583 Receiver. I have bought Miccus Home RTX - LONG RANGE Bluetooth Transmitter and I have tried connecting the same to Receiver and pair the Bluetooth speakers with Receiver but no luck. After the pairing is completed the song is not getting played in Bluetooth speakers but I hear noise in the speakers. I already have wired speakers that are hooked up with the same receiver. Let me know what are all the other possibilities to hook up the Bluetooth speakers with Yamaha Receiver.

Appreciate your early response

The specs for your receiver indicate that there only two line level audio outputs.
One is part of the composite video in/out The other is the zone 2 audio output
I suspect that they won't work for any source you have connected with HDMI or digital audio. Might work with the radio or any analog sources. Try that.
If you used the zone 2 output that would have it's own separate volume and input selector independent of the main zone. The same issue with the receiver not converting digital audio to analog might apply. Check the owners manual.
You could try using the headphone output too.
Connect a speaker to line level converter to the

vtrust

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks for the response.
I tried to connect the Bluetooth transmitter to headphone output and paired the speaker with the transmitter too but still heard some wired noise in the Sony Bluetooth speakers.

One more thing want to mention is I have Yamaha 7.2 AV Receiver with Bluetooth RX-V583.