Discussion Connecting iPad to TV

Feb 19, 2023
I have been streaming Netflix on my IPad and viewing on my 43” Samsung TV using an HDMI cable with the Lightening to HDMI adapter.
All works wonderfully with Netflix.
However, when I attempt to stream from Acorn, Prime Video, etc. it never works.

Is there some magic trick I must perform to get this to work with Acorn and Prime. They both stream perfectly to my iPad. But, nothing shown on the TV.

Feb 28, 2023
I would like to bring to your notice that some streaming apps come with built-in restrictions that prevent you from streaming content on TV. So, the first thing you could do is check the app's documentation to know about the restrictions.

If there are no such restrictions, it seems that it might be a compatibility issue between your iPad, Lightning to HDMI adapter, and TV. Hence, check the compatibility of your Lightning to HDMI adapter with your iPad and TV.

Further, ensure that your iPad and the streaming app are up to date. Many times, older versions contain security glitches. However, updates fix the security as well as compatibility issues. Lastly, you can connect with the customer support team of the streaming app or TV to know the issue.

Reactions: Frjeff