Connecting JBL 305P MkII’s & Klipsch Subwoofer to PC - How To

Jul 17, 2018
Hi, I’m in the process of replacing my Audioengine A5’s, and I’ve decided on the popular JBL 305P’s. I’m looking for the best way to connect them to my PC with this subwoofer I already have. This particular sub only has RCA inputs, no outputs, so I need to know a simple way I can connect all this to my computer. I’m using a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard.

I know there are a few other posts about how to do this, but I don’t know much about this, so If I need a DAC or something like that, I’d like to know some of the best options that have the inputs I’d need to get it done. I’m open to just getting the JBL sub that connects to these speakers a lot easier, but I’d rather try to make this work before I spend $400 on a new sub.

Any info about how to do this, and good options for a potential audio interface would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
You don't need a DAC, but if you do get one like the Fiio E10k it will sound much better with your high-end speakers.

Either way, you will also need a 3.5mm to rca cable to connect from your PC or the DAC to get the output. Split that output with a couple of these 2-Male to 1-Female RCA Y-Adapter so you now have 2 outputs, one for the JBLs and one for the sub. A set of RCA to 1/4" phono adapters (pair) should get the JBLs connected to one set. The other just connect to the sub's line-in, it should have a crossover built in so just adjust as necessary, and enjoy!
You don't need a DAC, but if you do get one like the Fiio E10k it will sound much better with your high-end speakers.

Either way, you will also need a 3.5mm to rca cable to connect from your PC or the DAC to get the output. Split that output with a couple of these 2-Male to 1-Female RCA Y-Adapter so you now have 2 outputs, one for the JBLs and one for the sub. A set of RCA to 1/4" phono adapters (pair) should get the JBLs connected to one set. The other just connect to the sub's line-in, it should have a crossover built in so just adjust as necessary, and enjoy!

Solution
Jul 17, 2018

Thanks man, I think that all makes sense. My only problem is I don't think that cable is long enough to connect the JBL's to each other, they'll be about 2-3 feet apart, and I'm having a hard time finding a 2-Male to 1-Female RCA Adapter that will stretch far enough to connect the two speakers. Am I missing something? Or if not, is there a longer cable I can use to connect the speakers?

*edit* Nevermind, I can just get one of these if its not long enough, right?

TRENDING THREADS