connecting my laptop windows 8 to polaroid 19" TV

tfrobb

Estimable
May 24, 2015
HI I HAVE A POLAROID 19" TV it has HDMI and VGA port and i tried connecting to my acer laptop wind 8 via HDMI but just shows blue screen . it does not have PC on tv menu will i have to connect using VGA . thanks

I'm guessing that blue screen you see when you connect with HDMI that it's just showing you the background. You actually have to move programs or icons to that second screen unless you select it to clone the displays, which will limit you to the lower resolution of the two screens. Quite a few people hook p a TV to the computer and think it's not working, the fact is that it IS working, you just need to actually move something to that screen so it shows you something more than the background color.

tfrobb

Estimable
May 24, 2015

tfrobb

Estimable
May 24, 2015
hi.no its not back ground .my lappy hasn't got vga plug in so i am buying a hdmi cord with vga at other end . i dont have this problem on the 32' tv . as it has pc in menu and works straight away .thanks for your suggestion

Not sure why you are getting a VGA to HDMI cable if both the laptop and the TV have HDMI connections. Did you change the inputs to the right one? Check to see if Windows recognized the second monitor?

Sorry for interrupting, but this statement makes no sense to me: " i dont have this problem on the 32' tv . as it has pc in menu and works straight away ". Also says something in the first post about the 19 inch tv, "it does not have PC on tv menu will i have to connect using VGA".

To me it sounds like the OP is looking in the on-screen menu of both tv's to determine which input to switch to when the laptop is hooked up, and doesn't know which to choose on the 19 incher because there's no onscreen input listed which says 'PC'. Maybe just needs to try selecting each of the menu input options one at a time until he hits on the correct one.

Am I making any sense?