Question Connecting old Sony DVD to Samsung Smart TV

Aug 21, 2019
I have tried connecting my Sony DVP NS325 using RCA Composite cables and an AV to HDMI converter to my Samsung model UN40D5500RF smart tv. All the connecting cables are new and working, the TV recognized the HDMI DVI port but I get an error message saying no signal connection. Is this because there is some kind of video output incompatibility between these 2 devices and if so, how do I fix it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N TVs 0
D TVs 0
M TVs 0
marinff TVs 2
T TVs 1
J TVs 1
W TVs 4
S TVs 6
Chethan NayAka TVs 2
L TVs 0
J TVs 1
V TVs 0
B TVs 0
G TVs 3
Lu_H TVs 2
zamzam9 TVs 0
T TVs 5
AreteCrete TVs 2
hpatel TVs 1
R TVs 4
Similar threads
Question Fire TV Omni/Series 4 allow for connecting to two Bluetooth Headsets at the same time?
Question external speaker connection
Question New Apt with cable but old Sony Bravia won't connect
Question Connecting headphones with TV via wire
Question LG Sound Sync Wireless TV - is there anything I can do to connect wireless headphones?
Question Handicap access for wall-mounted tv
Question How to Connect a Bluetooth Keyboard to a Samsung NU Smart TV
Question Help with connection
Question Arc connecting issue
Question Is there any way to connect an LG wireless soundbar (SH3K) to a Samsung TV that doesn't have an optical audio out connection?
Question connect insignia NS-SBAR21F20 to Samsung UN40H5203AF TV
Question Can I connect Sony subwoofer (SA-WMSP68) to Samsung TV (UN55ES6500)?
Question Samsung rear module SWA-6000 will not connect now
Solved! Help requested with connecting Samsung Soundbar to Toshiba LCD TV
Solved! Is it possible to connect a Samsung Sound Bar HT-WS1 to my LG TV 55UK6090PUA?
Question i have a samsung series 7 ru7100 TV and home theater samsung ht-e330k. connected with aux connector, there is no sound comng from home theater spkrs
Question Connecting Samsung Smart TV to old DVD player
Question I have a Samsung Series 7 Tv model number UE46B7000, which is not connecting to the internet.
Question samsung smart tv to bose av 18 connect issue
Solved! Does anyone have advice on how to connect a 15 year old Sony Home Theater with New Samsung QLED TV?

ASK THE COMMUNITY