Connecting preexisting speakers to tv with bare wires

AnnaMarieD

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
Hi, when we purchased this home it had a wall two speakers (wires behind drywall) exiting in the back of the tv area. They are a double set of two bare wires. I find no place to hook them to the tv. I was told by someone I would probably need an amplifier. Is this correct and if so what kind would I get? Thanks! Anna

Solution

AnnaMarieD

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
Hi and thank you for answering. These "speakers" have no name or info on them. They are approx 3-4" white ball-like speakers that they had placed in as they added this addition on. Mid room and up higher on wall. I would like to keep them since they are mounted like this since the wires are run behind the walls and prob for a total of 20' on each side. Thank you so much!

AnnaMarieD

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
High thanks for answering! Does a DVD player count? Excuse my ignorance in all this. I have an older radio.

What tv using?

Here's an option http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harman-Kardon-AVR-130-5-1-Channel-55-Watt-Receiver-Excellent-Condition-/252648782931
I've suggested an used receiver, cause it's cheaper.
No other idea for the moment, but to better explain what you'd need: a receiver, or amplifier, not very expensive, with an optical in audio input.
And an optical cable, to connect the receiver to the tv.
Or..., you can forget about the receiver and speakers and buy a home theater system.
Again, with an optical in port.

Solution