Connecting speakers and headphones at the same time

Joellucketti

Estimable
May 11, 2014
Hi all

Had this thought for a while now, ive currently got a pair of corsair speakers and a sub that goes with it all connected up that run off a USB Cable and a black input lead which i have in the back of my PC in the green audio input.

I then bought a pair of PC headphones with a mic, the cables coming from this headphone is a USB lead and three audio leads, the problem i have is if i connected the speakers input into the back of my pc, i then cant use the headphones because it needs the three audio slots i presume.

My pc does have a green audio and pink audio connection in the front and i did try the headphones and speakers one at the front and one at the back, but no good.

Does anybody have any ideas how i could have both plugged in my pc ready to use, without taking and plugging cables in and out.

I'm pretty useless with audio stuff, any help would be great.

Thanks all

Joel

prit87

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
I use headphones and speakers at the same time my speakers have a single 3.5 audio port and headsets is a USB but previously i own a 3.5 cable headset but still i use it along with my speakers BTW my case has a front audio panel with mic and audio input.

When you connect audio in the front ports it overrides the rear ports.

You can use a splitter to have both pluged in, but why would you want to have your pc speakers playing while trying to use your headphones?

Most realtek or other soundcard drivers come with a software control pannel and some of them allow you to select options for that.

In reality any method you use to allow you to leave both pluged in but only use one at a time will be a larger effort then just unpluging the headphones from the front when you are not using them.

Joellucketti

Estimable
May 11, 2014
I see what you mean now boosted1g, i just wasnt sure how it all worked, looks like ill have to plug the headphones in the front when i want them, any idea wat the three cables are coming from the headphones, only problem i got there is theres a usb which is fine ive got a few of them in the front, my ive only got two audio inputs i take its headphones and mic, so whats the third audio cable from the headphones???

It will work, you will just get stereo (left and right) sound instead of seperate front right/front left, side right, side left sounds.
Your software likley has a "Virtual Surround" mode that wll attempt to anayze the audio and create a fake surround sound. It is not nearly as good as real surround sound but I have seen some that it is at least an improvment.