Connecting tablets via USB (for video)

KitsuneSidhe

Estimable
May 7, 2014
Okay, this is going to be a bit weird, so I'm sorry in advance.

I'm planning a costume for a convention in August, and the character I'm costuming as has a hole in her chest, and I'd like to do that... Ideally without putting a hole in my own chest. :)

So, I got it in my head to use a pair of small tablets to display things. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding information that'd help. Everything I've found has said to use Skype or something similar, which would work fine, except that WiFi and cellular connectivity was almost nonexistent at the convention because of the sheer number of people.

So, I'm wondering if it's possible to connect two tablets via USB and either use the connection for Skype/similar program, or just have each one use the other as a webcam (IE: Back tablet uses the front tablet's front-facing camera while the front one does the same with the back tablet).

Alternately, is there another method that might work? I considered just using normal USB webcams, but the application for doing that on Android has a fairly low confirmed device list, and I'm trying to not spend a fortune on this. :)

Thank you in advance, and I really hope this is the right place.

KitsuneSidhe

Estimable
May 7, 2014

Thanks *does so,* sadly that's not really what I'm going for. I want it to look like you can see through the hole and out the back, not just some gore (which I could do with a practical effect setup).