Connecting To Amp

EdenC

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
I have a Technics Stereo Integrated Amplifier SU-X301 (connecting to via composite left/right (red/white) audio cables), a BUSH iPod Dock CSPK10i (which has BASSOUT, Yellow Composite Video Out, S-VIDEO) and a LG 32LF2510-ZBCEKULH TV (headphnoe out, PCMCIA card slot, HDMI, component, composite and more). I wish to connect both the TV and the iPod dock to the amp so that the sound goes through the speakers connected to it (including the sound of anything connected to the TV).

Is this possible and if so how? Thanks!

The Bush does not have audio out so you will need to get a simple iPOD dock that does not have speakers. There are many of these including from Apple.
You can connect the headphone out of the TV to the integrated amp with the correct stereo mini plug to RCA cable.
Adjust the volume control of the integrated amp for the dock and leave it in the spot that you will use the most. Then bring the volume of the TV up from 0 until it about the same. The headphone out can overload the integrated amp and this can happen at any setting of the integrated amp volume causing nasty distortion.