Connecting TV, DVD Playerr & Home Cinema System

brownie19

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015
I have a Toshiba Home Cinema System in which the DVD player does not seem to work. I use the system mostly for sound from my LG LED TV - this works well with TV sound switched off. Could I purchase a separate DVD player and connect by HDMI to my TV and still receive the sound through the cinema system? This would save me having to get the DVD drive repaired on the cinema system.

Solution
Unless you're looping the sound back to the unit via optical cable or something and the unit has an optical in, I'd be inclined to say no. The only way to really ensure you could still hear the home theater would be if the receiver portion has an HDMI in and even that is not a guarantee seeing that said receiver may not have HDMI pass through. This isn't likely the answer you were looking for, but it's what you're facing.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Unless you're looping the sound back to the unit via optical cable or something and the unit has an optical in, I'd be inclined to say no. The only way to really ensure you could still hear the home theater would be if the receiver portion has an HDMI in and even that is not a guarantee seeing that said receiver may not have HDMI pass through. This isn't likely the answer you were looking for, but it's what you're facing.

Solution