Connecting wireless headphones to a TV with no audio out port

studentneedshelp

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014
Hi, I recently bought some Thomson WHP3311BK-UK Wireless Headphones to use with my 22" Samsung TC300 LED TV. I only ever use the TV to watch Netflix and play games through my PS3 which takes up the only HDMI slot on the TV. There's an "Audio In" port that I've tried using, as well as a Red and White jack point too but neither is responding when I plug in the 3.5mm jack cable from the wireless receiver to the TV. I've checked that the headphones and cables all work with other devices and they do; I've had no trouble plugging it in to my laptop or my mobile phone. I thought the HDMI might be conflicting with the jack cable so I tried adjusting the settings on the PS3 to compensate, but I've had no luck there either and everything stays silent. A red LED light shows up to indicate a signal is being transmitted and this shows up on the other devices but not when the cable is plugged in to my TV, it only shows up on the TV when the cable's not plugged in all the way but this doesn't result in any sound either. Any help or suggestions?

studentneedshelp

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014
It's a PS3 Slim and there doesn't seem to ve an appropriate audio port there at all. Is there an adapter I can get (for the TV or PS3) that might fix my problem, or am I fighting a losing battle?

studentneedshelp

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014

So it would be as simple as plugging in the PS3's HDMI cable to the Converter and then the headphone cable into the Audio Out and it should work? I can solder, but wouldn't want to risk damaging the TV.