Solved! CONNECTION PROBLEM.

Dec 28, 2019
Hi guys, I am a 'newbie' and I need someone's help out there, I have a LG tv and it's about 5 years old and a Sony bdv7100w surround sound system and a BT freeview box and I have tried numerous times to get it all up and running, I have a new HDMI cable from my surround system to my tv(both arc to arc) also an optical from my surround to my tv then a new hdmi cable from my surround to my BT freeview box, it is all working(believe it or not) I've got surround sound through my speaker's, but when I turn everthing off at night with the standby buttons, after about 5 mins my surround system turns itself on again and I have to turn it off a second time, now I know some of you will say turn all the power off which I totally understand, but I am sure that I am not set up properly, because this has never happened before, if you 'techy' guys can give me some help then it would be appreciated. Thanks guys muvoda57.

Solution
Try turning off CEC in the TV menu. That allows for control over the HDMI cable from the TV to the HTS. It often screws up.
Also you don't need both HDMI-ARC and the optical cable to get audio from the TV to the HTS.
Dec 28, 2019
Thank you 'americanaudiophile' I will try that later on tonight (it is 18.40 here now) but we watching a movie at the moment! Is CEC something to do with the tv's simplink? Also apart from the two leads connected, Would you say my set up is correct? or do you know a better way? I appreciate your quick response, take it easy and thanks again. Regards muvoda57.

Dec 28, 2019
Just to say a big thank you to 'americanaudiophile' your suggestion has worked and my system does NOT turn itself on again after 5 mins. Thank you. muvoda57.