connection problems outputs bad?

Jan 19, 2014
I have an old school system that I originally purchased overseas in 1986-88 and am having trouble with either the connection being incorrect, bad connecting wires or possible bad outputs. I know there are several ways to connect the eq, amp and deck and would like to confirm the best connections for these pieces please. This system sounds great when connected correctly and I used to have a diagram showing this type connection but have since misplaced it. Plus my memory is not as it was 30 years ago and the eq is confusing with the "pink noise", "tape one", "tape two" and "Record" buttons along with my Amps "Input selectior buttons" used with the Amps record selector switch. I remember having to switch all of these selector switches and buttons to get the optimum performance but damn if I can remember any type sequence any longer. Or please show ALL possible ways to connect these three pieces amp, eq, deck. Any help would be appreciated.

Sansui AU-G99X Intergrated amp
Nakamichi RX-202 Deck
Yamaha GE-60 EQ
Nikko FM Tuner Gamma 1
Harman/Kardon FL-8300 CD
Cerwin Vega D-15EE

Nak tape deck to tape one (out or play on Nak goes to tape play or in on Sansui)
(in or rec on NAk goes to tape record or out on Sansui)
Nikko tuner to tuner input
CD to aux (or any other input other than phone that you are not using)
Cerwin Vega speakers to speaker 1 or A
Depending how you want to use the EQ there is more than one way to connect it. Do you want to eq the speakers for playback and/or eq new recordings?
Here is a link to the owners manual:
http://www.hifiengine.com/library/sansui/au-g99x.shtml
Since you are not sure what works or doesn't work you should connect one source and the speakers and see if it works right. Add the other sources one at a time. Spare cables will let you figure out if the cables are OK.