Constant buzzing especially when gaming and browsing.

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
1) System: i5 3570K GTX 660 Ti Asus p8 Z77 v-le 8 gb Ram, SSD and so on.
2) Buzzing happens in every kind of speakers or headphones I use so it is independent from the device I use.
3) There is no buzz or strange sound until windows starts.
4) I tried different AC outlets no help.
5) Buzzing happens especially when playing games and more clear when in game menus. When characters talk or in games there are action scenes buzzing is not audiable.
6) There is no buzzing in windows explorer however it starts during use of google chrome. When I even move the mouse cursor it causes slight buzzing on the browser. Every little action I make causes different buzzing sounds.
7) When watching a video or listening to music there is no buzzing.
8) During game menus buzzing is extremely audiable.
9) When playing games buzzing is there even when sound is completely turned off from windows.

What must be the reason ? Onboard soundcard ? GPU electromagno field ? Motherboard noise ?
Or what else ?
Please help

Solution
The HDMI plug may be better protected than the jack one. So either grounding issue or faulty onboard audio.
You may contact your mobo technical service with your issue.

Is there a way you can ground properly your motherboard with your case?
Like make an electrical connexion between the IO shield and your case.

SproutSchon

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
I would say grounding issue on your onboard audio.
Does it fade away when you touch the end of your jack connector while plugged?
Did you try the front and read audio outputs?

This is weird because this only happened to me on cheap mobo coming with Dell prebuilt PC at work.
Your mobo is supposed to be quite good. Did it do that from the very beginning?

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
PC is new. I just use the rear output, front one is not connected because the case has none. I have touched the jack connector. There is no change in buzz. My case is a very very old case.

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
There is some space between i/o shield and the mainboard, the mainboard is not completely touching the i/o shield. I had hard times installing the mainboard on this old case. Where I live i could not found proper case in which i could place a video card this big but this case.

SproutSchon

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
The HDMI plug may be better protected than the jack one. So either grounding issue or faulty onboard audio.
You may contact your mobo technical service with your issue.

Is there a way you can ground properly your motherboard with your case?
Like make an electrical connexion between the IO shield and your case.

Solution

run-dll

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Brother thank you for your answers I borrowed a discrete sound card today from my friend. There is not even a slight buzzing or whatsoever I think it was a motherboard issue. I placed the sound card to the pci socket at the bottom farthest from the video card and rest of the system. Looks like i am going to get a cheap sound card to get rid of the issue.