Consumer Reports Confirms Verizon iPhone 4 Flaw

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Wish I Was Wealthy[/nom]Also joytech22,do not forget that samsung products on general only last for around their warranty period anyway...[/citation]
Not correct, they last 3 months beyond their warranty because that's beyond the final point where you can "complain to a supervisor" to get it covered anyway (as was the case with my Slimfit TV a few years ago).

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Every phone has a flaw in it's own right, the Galaxy S with it's flawed file system (which can be fixed), Blackberry with it's symbian, Windows Phone 7 with it's brick update and now BOTH versions of the iPhone with their antenna issue.So far my worst experience with any of my phones was my Windows mobile Six (6) device (iMate Jama 101) dropping a large majority of my calls.[/citation]

-1, apologist... If a smartphone cant be taken out of the box and make calls reliably then it is by definition not a phone but a slow computer that "might" make calls.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]Rubbish[/nom]Consumer report is not a credible source. Unless your a retard[/citation]
You mean unless you are (you're) a retard?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I find it incredible that the phone companies want to deal with Apple at all - I mean, imagine their outrage when the customers can't make any calls due to the antenna not working, and dropping all their calls? Minimum bills, reduced profit, economic meltdown.OH WAIT, the MILLIONS of people making hundred of calls every day with their Iphone with no problems at all must not have sat there for 5 hours trying to find an obscure position in which to hold the phone which causes it to lose signal, which no normal person even comes close to doing.Apple haters gotsta chew on something on than apples, I guess.[/citation]
Since all cellphone companies have a very big portfolio of phones to choose from, that means that every single one of them are perfect. Or your rule only applies to Apple products.

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Anyone else notice that @Mgamerz, @Rubbish and @ReignForrest are all the same poster? The accounts were all created within minutes of each other and they all have just one post each here in this Comments thread.

col_krismiss

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
This is one reason I dont like Apple. They absolutely should have fixed it and it doesnt even require a redesign. A little research will tell you that something as thin as a piece of scotch tape will eliminate the problem. All Apple has to do is put a small layer of silicone or whatever that will do the same thing as the scotch tape. But instead of doing that, Steve Jobs makes his announcement that it would go against the laws of physics to provide a fix for the issue.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]blacksa1nt[/nom]So far My EVO has no problems WHAT SO EVER which is something that's hard to say when dealing with phones. I am extremely impressed with HTC. Great Job[/citation]
My Incredible has been running great, few problems but they are software only since I am running not completely done GingerBread ROMs, but with 2.2.1 ROMs or stock ROMs it is rock solid, HTC makes some nice hones.

dkant1n

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
considering that Steve is convinced that he does everything right, why change the design if the fault is on the users?

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Rubbish[/nom]Consumer report is not a credible source. Unless your a retard[/citation]

Sounds like Consumer Reports reveals some truths about products that are contrary to your bias.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]You know and iPhone is still an iPhone regardless of the carrier. A design issue on one carrier will exist with another. As long as you (the consumer) are okay with a specific limitation or issue, then enjoy your phone.This conclusion should not come as a surprise to anyone. Also, Consumer Reports is one of the most reputable sources of product info anywhere in the world. Bashing them, particularly from a skewed misinformed viewpoint, does not add to the discussion.Have fun!!![/citation]

But you would think that in that time Apple would have seen the fallout of the design and fixed it. But instead Apple is lazy and cheap. Thats why they use Foxconn to make their products. Cheap.

Besides, they are getting crap sales. Everyone on Verizon has Android. Who needs a iPhone when you have Android?

verizoniphoneguide

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Antenna problem in Verizon iPhone 4 too.ConsumerReports has tested the Verizon iPhone and confirmed that verizon iPhone 4 also has the same Antenna problem similar to AT&T version.

Status
Not open for further replies.