Consumer Reports says Apple users should drop Safari, for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What are they, drunk?!?!
If you click on a link in an email that claims to be from your bank and actually provides your credentials then you deserve to loose your money!
It's kinda funny though that PC users are so used to their systems being insecure that they actually click popups claiming to to make their systems less insecure :) Maybe they've been using a second class OS for too long? ;)

G

The title should be changed to "Consumer Reports says all dumb people should drop Safari, forever"

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
I'm very safe. I only respond to the emails from Nigeria that want my bank information so that I can help them get $10M out of the country. :lol:

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
People are much less careful online than they are in real life. Although maybe people are careless all the time and I notice it more when they are online...

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Emil__[/nom]What are they, drunk?!?!If you click on a link in an email that claims to be from your bank and actually provides your credentials then you deserve to loose your money![/citation]

[citation][nom]kinl[/nom]The title should be changed to "Consumer Reports says all dumb people should drop Safari, forever"[/citation]

You don't seem to get it. You're both describing the majority of Mac users. Mac users aren't on a Mac cause they're more intelligent and they won't fall for these tricks. They're on a Mac because they either can't or don't want to understand how computers work; they just want them to work. Their whole claim to fame is not having to understand it or think about security; that’s the POINT, they’re PROUD they don’t have to get it. They see a new “quick link” to their bank site and think it’s a new feature! They proclaim that Apple has made their lives even easier and freed them from real thought yet again…oh, oh wait…there goes all their money.

I'm glad you two are smart enough not to fall for this stuff, but most of your fellow Mac people are not. None of them know the difference between phishing, viruses, and worms…I’d be surprised if you even do. They have no protection for threats that don’t require interaction, they just “don’t click things.”

You think PC users are bad...Mac users are a freaking goldmine. Eventually someone will find the right hole (security hole that is, for the Mac user) and then the first real worm for Mac will just wipe you all out cause you think you're safe and you're “not going to click anything.” Which is perfect, cause you won’t have to.

I am glad you have your Mac though. I work tech support and Mac users are scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.