Solved! Controlling TV Outside of Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2019
I’ve been getting interested in smart home technology lately and was curious to see if there’s any sort of device that would allow you to control a tv and/or it’s box from your phone while you’re away from home, sort of as a burglar deterant, like with lights?

The closest I can think of is something like the Logitech Harmony remote, but I’m not sure if that would only be operable if you’re connected to the same WiFi network.

Solution
Yes you can absolutely connect to a harmony hub from you phone even if your not in your network I mess with my wife all the time as thats what we have at our house man it makes her upset when shes trying to watch bill mar on Friday n8ghts and the TV randomly starts acting up turning on and off channels changing roflmao Its good fun. But a harmony Hub is onenof the most reasonably pdiced options for.doing that type.of thing alongside controlling lights, blinds other AV devices etc love harmony its super easy setup and rock solid in the back end.

imconfsdru

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Yes you can absolutely connect to a harmony hub from you phone even if your not in your network I mess with my wife all the time as thats what we have at our house man it makes her upset when shes trying to watch bill mar on Friday n8ghts and the TV randomly starts acting up turning on and off channels changing roflmao Its good fun. But a harmony Hub is onenof the most reasonably pdiced options for.doing that type.of thing alongside controlling lights, blinds other AV devices etc love harmony its super easy setup and rock solid in the back end.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.