Convert Yourself to Digital TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Consumers currently subscribed to satellite TV and cable will not need a converter box.
I've heard mixed sides of this. Some cable companies are also planning to end their Analog service sometime in the near future. As such, unless you have a Cable box, your cable service might also be cutoff. The best bet is to call your cable company, explain to them that you have a Analog TV connected directly to the cable (without a cable box or cable card of any kind), and ask them if your service will continue to work. I've been meaning to do this myself, as I have a TV that doesn't have the cable box. Satellite is fine cause you have to have the box, its already digital.

LightWeightX

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
My coupons have been recycled. I ordered them early in 2008 and they got misplaced. My wife found them 1 day after they expired.
I purchased a converter box and have had mixed results. When the signal comes in good, great picture and good sound. The signal is very sensative to weather conditions and the first thing to go is sound, then comes pixelization and then no signal. Some channels have very poor sound. (Analog volume setting 10, Digital 15-23).
The good news is I get extra channels, most stations have 1 to 4 extra channels. The bad news some stations don't come in at all. I may have to upgrade my antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.