convertible laptop buying

Sep 8, 2018
hello.
i want a powerful laptop to play games and do some engineering stuff with but on the other side i want to have quick and easy access to my pdfs or other kinds of documents whenever i want. ( with my current laptop i should turn it on and off a lot during a day for doing easy things such as reading a pdf )so i wanted to know that can convertible laptops perform so quick as laptops for accessing pdfs while performing powerful enough for gaming and engineering or i should buy a tablet for pdfs and quick web surfing and a powerful laptop dedicated for gaming and high performance actions.
thanks for answering.

It all depends on what performance you want in gaming. Most of the 2 in 1 laptops top out with a GTX 1050. Although the Microsoft Surface Book 2 is available with a GTX 1060. You'll be looking at spending over $3,000 once you max out the CPU, RAM and a 1TB SSD (to hold games).

Cost wise you'd spend less on a similar performance gaming laptop. One which is heavier and without tablet mode. Then pairing it with a top of the line iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. Although for the work you describe a regular iPad with a cheaper stylus wouldn't be much different.

It would even be cheaper to get a faster GTX 1070 model gaming laptop paired with an iPad Pro than a maxed out Surface Book 2 with GTX 1060.