Cooked my Vaio

Hi all,
Got a older model laptop which has only remained running through sheer determination (and an external cooling pad). When I purchased my vaio, I was travelling alot and required the portability. In the past year, I have not travelled much, and my laptop stays on a cooling pad all the time so I don't know when exactly the cpu fan failed but I did notice my keyboard would often get hotter than normal at times (usually gaming). Anyway, long story short, I went gaming at a friends house about two months ago without my cooling pad and within 1/2 hour my computer shut itself down.
Here's my question to you all...
Do I attempt to salvage the computer? CPU fan/heatsink combo $100 or do I scrap it and throw the hard drive into my gaming rig?

My CPU - Turion II p520 is currently running at 70C (on cooling pad) in econo settings at 800MHz (a far cry from it's 2.3GHz rating)
SONY Vaio VPCEE22FX-WI upgraded to 8Gb ram

Solution
If you can get a new HSF for it for $100, then it might be worthwhile depending how much you paid for the unit initially. Also check to make sure the laptop's warranty has expired first before attempting this.

The_Prophecy

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
If you can get a new HSF for it for $100, then it might be worthwhile depending how much you paid for the unit initially. Also check to make sure the laptop's warranty has expired first before attempting this.

Solution