Ace Tom 9000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Hello all,

I have had my HP Pavilion dm4-1265dx laptop for a few years now (I am very careful with my tech), it has been upgraded the RAM from 4GB to 8GB and hard drive to an SSD within the past year.

Recently (within the past week), my computer had been running the fan on high for an unknown reason. I initially thought that since I hadn't cleaned out my computer in a while that it would be the solution. So I disassemble my computer and give it a thorough cleaning. When I turned my computer back on it was running normally until the fan on my computer woke me up the next night.

I started to think that it might be that the thermal paste needed replaced so I gave that a shot. It seemed to have worked (again) because when I was playing Sid Meyer's Civilization V with my friends, the fan was not running on high. After finishing the game, I was doing a bit of web browsing before bed and the fan started to kick into overdrive.

I'm normally pretty keen to most computer problems, but this problem has me kinda perplexed. My processor temperature is between 50-70 degrees Celsius (or 122-158 degrees Fahrenheit).

If any more information is needed, please ask.

Thanks in advance,
JJ

Ace Tom 9000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

My CPU usage seems to run all across the board (0-100%). As I said before, I am VERY careful with my technology and have anti-viral software that actively runs to scan for viruses (as well as the occasional full-system scan).

I seem to have a constant reading of ~30% memory usage though, if that would translate to anything happening.