Distinguished
May 29, 2011
mobo:Asus M4N68T-M V2
CPU: phenom II X2 560 BE
RAM:2x2GB Mushkin DDR3
GC:ATI HD 4670 1GB DDR3
PSU:Cooler Master Extreme Pwr Plus 460W
CPU cooler:Corsair H50

hello...got problems here. at 1st,core unlock succeed,showed: Phenom II x4 B60 but problem arise after i finished installing graphic card driver..PC shut down itself..when i remove the GC hardware PC work fine..i solved the problem by disabling the core unlock and use default phenom II x2 560..finally can use the GC and PC run normally for a while only :( ....after installing and played few games: Dirt 3 n Witcher 2 got no problem but after that,when i tried 2 surf the net PC shut down itself again..this time when i press the pwr button only light on and inside looks like the PC is running but PC wont boot...can some1 help me with this??thanx

jellri

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
here is my thread with the same problem
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=312324&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

sorry 4got 2 mention
HD:1TB Samsung

well i dont hav BSOD coz PC wont even POST....any suggestion?

jellri

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
well i did tried once..and it work..all reset to default..but after a while problem come again..PC automatically shut down(this time i didnt disturb any bios setting)...mayb sometimes the mobo CMOS nid 2 be reset few times?

jellri

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
i tried reseating the hardware n problem still persist..sometimes the PC boot up and able to enter desktop then shut down and sometimes only lights n the fans r running but no beeps and post..any suggestion guys?

jellri

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

what if the PC shut down by itself when its trying 2 update the firmware,will it damage the motherboard?

devroz

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
what if the PC shut down by itself when its trying 2 update the firmware,will it damage the motherboard?

If it was in the middle of updating you will have corrupted your BIOS.

People do not advise you to update while in Windows as you never know when something may cause a restart/issue. It is mostly wiser to do BIOS updates from whitin the BIOS/start-up utility.

Most newer motherboards to have a back-up BIOS you can utilise, check the handbook that came with your motherboard to see how to reset to factory default BIOS if you need it.

jellri

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

the problem is that even when i did not enter windows and only enter the BIOS, the PC still automatically shut down itself..which hardware could be malfunction?

jellri

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
got my PC return back from a technician..he told me the problem was the bios not updated..so he said he flash my mobo bios n for now my PC running fine..my last question..if i tried unlock the core again n my PC not POST or beep..does the updated bios will be gone if i reset CMOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.