Corrupt BIOS+need help to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimelewis

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I got a computer with a corrupt BIOS, and the wrong BIOS was downloaded, and now it doesn't boot correctly, its kindof embarrassing, does anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
re-flash BIOS using USB stick if you can get that far.
if not reset option and steps like clearing CMOS and pins.?
new mobo or try manufacturer..

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006

Most bios's have a backup chip and there ought to be pins you can short out to revert to it or after so many tries it'll load it although that may just be the config also.

You can also try removing the battery but there is also the possibility oh DOH, service to get that chip physically replaced on the motherboard which you're not going to want to do personally.

I may be wrong but if you don't have a newer/higher end one with redundant BIOS then you may be SOL on your own and have to get a new Mobo/contact the manufacturer for repair(I'd hope they didn't charge and arm and leg for something relatively straight forward).

neal_se

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Please Be careful, i ever met this event before and my data lost . But Fields retrieved my presentation data in time for one of our company’s financial year end meetings. Faced with the option of either using an expensive professional data retrieval company and software I have no idea how to use, I think I made the right choice. They saved my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.