Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Review — Rainbow in the Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baconhashtags

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Nice keyboard i think its probably a bit expensive something you would keep on your next build or definetly replace, great idea for a special gift for some one for programming in the dark!

chrisafp07

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Nice review, I have noticed that there are many reported issues with the LED's going dead. I own a k70 and switched to a g710+ for that very reason, all my LED's started to die. Not one has died on my g710.

Baconhashtags

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014

#Well with what I'm going to say next Corsair will probably send someone to shoot me, but they state a 2 year warranty with the Keyboard! So you should get a replacement free in the event of failure, however maybe some people can replace the LEDs themselves or perhaps research extended warranty options and if corsair offers servicing! Also preserve the life span of the keyboard by only using it for those late night, clan mandated sessions.

I am sure that most LEDs boast a an apx life span between 25,000 - 100,000 hours which is about 10years, however performance may vary depending on some factors such as build quality and treatment!!

LeCreaux

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
I have a first-generation K70. It's an awesome keyboard, but the lights didn't last 6 months. They all started failing within minutes/hours of each other so I doubt it's the LEDs...it's either the circuitry or the design. The keyboard still functions perfectly with no lights...but the lights were the selling point. I'm just not going to gamble on another Corsair.

ander

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
Yes, a K70 may be, say, $20 more than other keyboards you're looking at—but put it in a bit of perspective. These are Cherry switches. They'll probably last longer than you will. $20 stretched out over several years, at least, is virtually nothing. Go for the quality, which you can enjoy every day—that's what I did!

Thebestthereis

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
I wouldn't exactly call Star Wars The Old Republic a stress test for a keyboard.... The game is so basic in features in comparison you would've been better off testing a more complex MMO title. Of course it would excel in SWTOR. There's nothing to that title.

ImmortaI

Estimable
Feb 28, 2015
Quote:
'Convoluted Software'.

Its like comparing programming languages.
Python is extremely easy to use, but you don't get as many functions.
Java requires quite a learning twist, and you get so many more functions.
In this case the Corsair Utility Engine is java, and other competiors, say the Razer Blackwidow RGB is more like python.

Status
Not open for further replies.