Could this headset be my solution?

RobertGPS

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Hi guys,

My setup is the following:

PC / Xbox / PS4 to Pioneer VSX receiver.

Of course the audio just goes from the receiver to the speakers, but sometimes (especially with gaming when the house sleeps..) I would like to hear it trough headphones.

The big problem with almost every headset is that I have to manually switch all cables to the console I want to play on..

Now Tritton comes with the Katana in december. This is the first headset that support HDMI pass-trough. There is a little box between the HDMI from device (or receiver) to TV that sends the audio to the headset.

Would it be possible (because all audio from all devices come via the receiver) to set such a box between and switch between speaker sound and headphone sound?

I know the headset isn't released yet, but I think some guys will know if it TECHNICALLY could be possible, or maybe you have an other solution for my 'problem'?

Thanks!

Solution
If you are talking wired headset, WITH mic, HDMI won't help at all since the mic will have to be connected to each of the devices anyway, and all you're doing is replacing a headphone jack that you can already use with HDMI. Instead just get a regular (not HDMI) headset and plug the headphones into the receiver and either swap mic between devices or use a phono jack splitter and connect all the devices to the mic cable through that (might cause issues if you don't use a splitter with line switches and two or more devices are on at the same time)

If you are just talking about headphones, plug them into your receiver and select it as the output. Problem solved with no extra cables or fuss. Rather than outputting to the speakers it'll...
If you are talking wired headset, WITH mic, HDMI won't help at all since the mic will have to be connected to each of the devices anyway, and all you're doing is replacing a headphone jack that you can already use with HDMI. Instead just get a regular (not HDMI) headset and plug the headphones into the receiver and either swap mic between devices or use a phono jack splitter and connect all the devices to the mic cable through that (might cause issues if you don't use a splitter with line switches and two or more devices are on at the same time)

If you are just talking about headphones, plug them into your receiver and select it as the output. Problem solved with no extra cables or fuss. Rather than outputting to the speakers it'll output to your headphones.

Solution