Question CPU and GPU Upgrade

Jan 8, 2024
So I have an HP ProBook 640 G1 USAO and I want to Upgrade it i know I can push it to an i7 or something it has an i5-4th gen and runs Minecraft at 40 FPS without any optimizations it has 272 gigs of hard disk gonna upgrade it to a 272 SSD soon and gonna get a laptop cooling pad but i wanna know the MAX i can push it to with the CPU and GPU

The problem most people have with trying to update a laptop is the power requirements. Laptop manufacturers are notorious for providing only the minimum power necessary for a laptop's given configuration.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04027668#AbT0

i know I can push it to an i7 or something it has an i5-4th gen
If the I7 is a 43watt processor and your current I5 is a 35 watt processor, you're not going to have enough power to run the I7.

Same goes for the graphics. Anything that exceeds your current power requirements is likely not going to work.

Of course, all of the above depends on whether or not you actually can update this laptop. The GPU and GPU may be soldered to the motherboard.

Look up your motherboard specifications as well as your current power unit.

-Wolf sends

Jan 8, 2024
The problem most people have with trying to update a laptop is the power requirements. Laptop manufacturers are notorious for providing only the minimum power necessary for a laptop's given configuration.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04027668#AbT0

If the I7 is a 43watt processor and your current I5 is a 35 watt processor, you're not going to have enough power to run the I7.

Same goes for the graphics. Anything that exceeds your current power requirements is likely not going to work.

Of course, all of the above depends on whether or not you actually can update this laptop. The GPU and GPU may be soldered to the motherboard.

Look up your motherboard specifications as well as your current power unit.

-Wolf sends
I know but my problem is it's a custom motherboard its called KBC Version 16.3C