Crack the U.S. Cyber Command's Secret Code!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]sapienchavez[/nom]no one posted "drink your ovaltine."disgraceful![/citation]
Why was this dude voted down? "A Christmas Story" is such a classic american movie!

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Damnit, why can't people post SPOILER! I wanted to take a crack at it.

Still, I bet there is another secret somewhere... that will give you a shot at being recruited by them if you can figure it out. :)

vir_cotto

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
[citation][nom]JamesSneed[/nom]joebob2000, its not irreversable, go here and copy/paste the code in: http://www.dshield.org/tools/reversehash.html All you got to do is call the US Cyber Command help desk and they will tell you the numbers on there are a MD5 hash of there mission statment. Anyhow the correct answer was an MD5 hash of there mission statment.[/citation]

I tried to reverse hash some things and it didn't work said no solution found, fail reverse hash.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
We're talking a government agency here. They just want you to think it's a hash for their mission statement.

What it really means is:
9ec4 c129 49a4f3 1 474 f299 05 8ce2 b22a
make your choice - red pill or blue pill

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
It either translates to "Hey, hey, we're the Monkeys!" or "Bring back Potato Chipsters and Corn Diggers!"

I'm might be wrong ...

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
What would be more awesome was if this was also a hash from another algorithm with a totally different meaning, unlikely though, given the nature of hashing!

Still, it's nice to see true geekery in the world.

Alas, MD5 is so outdated now.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]What would be more awesome was if this was also a hash from another algorithm with a totally different meaning, unlikely though, given the nature of hashing!Still, it's nice to see true geekery in the world.Alas, MD5 is so outdated now.[/citation]

Yeah... it's so 90's ;)

G

The Mission- A unit performs that determines the level of war within which it operates.

USSTRATCOM MISSION

USSTRATCOM promotes global security for America by:
•Deterring attacks on US vital interests and defending the nation should deterrence fail
•Leading, planning, and executing strategic deterrence operations
•Ensuring US freedom of action in space and cyberspace
•Delivering integrated kinetic and non-kinetic effects in support of US Joint Force Commanders
•Synchronizing global missile defense plans and operations
•Synchronizing regional combating of weapons of mass destruction plans
•Planning, integrating, and coordinating ISR in support of strategic and global operations, as directed
•Advocating for capabilities as assigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS