Crackling sound with Dolby Pro Logic

Jordy Roelofs

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Hey all,

Recently bought a Plantronics Rig 500e headphone. I really love it and the souns is amazing but i do have one problem.

Whenever I play a game like WOW or Wildstar, I can hear some popping and crackling sounds in the background. After some testing I found out that whenever I enable the Pro Logic II Effect in sound panel -> playback devices -> headphones -> effect, The popping and crackling is there, but if it is disabled, It's gone. It only happen ons my laptop because my other laptop doesnt have that problem.

My laptop is a cutsom one with Onkyo speakers and a realteak card onboard, a 6700hq and a 970m with 16gigs of ram.

Also, there is a dolby dongle connected between the headphones and the laptop.

regards,

Jordy

Hi,

Have tried using the headset without the Dolby dongle? Also have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver as well?
- First, start with uninstalling/reinstalling the Sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site of the laptop.
- Reboot it once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.
- If the same problem will persist and if the Dolby dongle has a software or driver for it, do uninstall and reinstall it as well and see if that will do the trick.

Jordy Roelofs

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

thanks!

I installed a clean windows with all the latest drivers. I also noticed the following:

- On my normal speakers, When i turn op the volume or change it to different levels suddenly, i can hear a "'pop".
- this pop is the same within my speakers when i play games. Especially wildstar and turning the camera.
- When the cmedia effect is disabled, the popping in games goes away, But the pop that i hear when changing the volume still persist. This is only on my own laptop so i asume this is a drivers/software issue.

I also installed the x-fi mb5 drivers on my laptop which are for the speakers togheter with realtek.

regards