Craigslist: Adult Services Section Not Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Anyone who thinks this will have any impact on prostitution on the Internet is delusional.[/citation]

Its a political win. It actually hurts people in the long run (sex workers, drives them back under the carpet where they can be further exploited), but politicians can run saying "I worked to fight prostitution!" or some other dumb saying to win votes.

Funny thing, I used to live in a town where the cops were some of the clients of the 'special' spas.

lee3821

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
[citation][nom]mikem_90[/nom]Its a political win. It actually hurts people in the long run (sex workers, drives them back under the carpet where they can be further exploited), but politicians can run saying "I worked to fight prostitution!" or some other dumb saying to win votes.Funny thing, I used to live in a town where the cops were some of the clients of the 'special' spas.[/citation]
You're correct. Shame...

G

Now that CL is gone, people will just go to other sites like bp, johnslist.com, eros or those god awful "yank" magazines. Is frugaljohn.com still around? Golly.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
This really isn't that big of a deal. There's SO MANY WAYS to find what you're looking for if you really have the... blue-balls to do so.

Whilst Chris Rock might have been right about the "No sex in the champagne room", you might get a hand job. Be careful who you ask; could lead to problems.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]beachbod[/nom]Too bad Craigslist cant take back the damage they've already done.[/citation]

They should get a Nobel in economics for streamlining the whore industry! Who needs a middle man to grab a significant percentage of the cake?

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]beachbod[/nom]Too bad Craigslist cant take back the damage they've already done.[/citation]
Yeah, that's like blaming a bulletin board for fronting stolen merchendise.

pim69

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
When are we going to get rid of these ridiculous prostitution laws. It's been around since the beginning of humanity, why should one person not have the right to sell sex, and another to buy it, with consenting adults? How does that affect anyone else? especially on the internet, so they're not trolling the streets which is often the complaint that it brings about other crime (though I don't see prostitutes robbing banks very often).

G

One of the big problems was that it was being used to sell young girls as little more than sex slaves for a night or worse. Just because you can't eliminate a problem doesn't mean you should promote it either which is what was done there. Some of you hopeless nerds need to get married and "pay" for sex like normal people. :p

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Zaranthos[/nom]One of the big problems was that it was being used to sell young girls as little more than sex slaves for a night or worse. Just because you can't eliminate a problem doesn't mean you should promote it either which is what was done there. Some of you hopeless nerds need to get married and "pay" for sex like normal people.[/citation]

I never paid*1 for a whore*2. But think about our future, old age and divorce will sugar coat the idea.

1: Not in cash money.
2: It depends on the definition of a whore, Im talking about professional whores here.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Right. Let's spread the problem over every other classified sites to mask the problem.

A similar ban is being discussed in Canada as I speak. This entire thought is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.